"Making a difference on Virginia's Northern Neck, one cat at a time"
Garfield’s Rescue, Inc.
Eliminate the suffering of community cats on the Northern Neck of Virginia.
1. Provide compassionate care for community cats on the Northern Neck.
2. Maintain a database of all community cats served through Garfield’s Rescue, Inc.
3. Trap, neuter, return community cats.
4. Place adoptable cats with families/transfer agencies/fosters.
5. Educate the public on reduction of community cats.
6. Engage local authorities to adopt ordinances to protect community cats.
7. Seek volunteers to support Goals 1 – 6.
1. Provide compassionate care for community cats.
1.1 Establish relationships with caregivers by providing assistance as needed.
1.2 Provide shelters for community cats.
1.3 Build a staff of volunteers to support and maintain the shelters.
1.4 Work with local veterinarians and organizations to reduce the cost of caring for community cats.
1.5 Network with local, State and other organizations to seek homes for our foster cats.
1.6 Learn from other Humane Societies to incorporate “Best Practices” into our Garfield’s Rescue, Inc. operations.
2. Maintain a database of all community cats that are serviced through Garfield’s Rescue, Inc.
2.1 Keep accurate and detailed records of all cats serviced.
2.2 Use data to seek funding.
2.3 Use data to educate public on the issues with community cats.
2.4 Use data to comply with end of the year State reporting.
3. Trap, Neuter, Return community cats on the Northern Neck.
3.1 Establish clear line of communication to receive inquiries about cats.
3.2 Seek permission, if necessary, to assess the cats.
3.3 Visit site of community cats to assess their situation.
3.4 Trap community cats using best practices based on research.
3.5 Arrange vetting of trapped community cats.
3.6 Return unadoptable vetted cats.
4. Place adoptable community cats with families/transfer agencies/fosters.
4.1 Maintain an adoption friendly center.
4.2 Develop adoption protocols following research driven guidelines.
4.3 Advertise widely adoptable cats.
4.4 Develop an active and broad social media footprint to promote cat adoptions.
5. Educate the public on reduction of community cats on the Northern Neck.
5.1 Develop an active and broad social media footprint to promote all our goals and to educate the public.
5.2 Develop an outreach program.
5.3 Develop a public relations program.
6. Work with local authorities for the benefit of community cats.
6.1 Provide local authorities with information and education.
6.2 Work with local authorities to understand community cats.
7. Seek volunteers/support to support Goals 1 – 6.
7.1 Establish a volunteer recruitment plan.
7.2 Use social media and print publications to recruit volunteers.
7. 3 Create a respectful atmosphere to support and maintain volunteerism.
7.4 Recognize the achievements of the organization’s volunteers.